Big Idea Competition: Prize & Other Details
2018 Big Idea Competition is open to all current Cornell Undergraduate Students. Eight finalists will be determined by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs, non-profit, and business professionals. 25 semi-finalists will also receive consultations with a mentor/coach about their idea and ways to improve their submission.
Prizes are supported by the Vijay (MEng ’75) and Sita Vashee Promising Entrepreneur Award Endowment Fund.
- 1st Place Business Category- $3000
- 2nd Place Business Category- $1000
- 3rd Place Business Category- $500
- 1st Place Social Category- $3000
- 2nd Place Social Category- $1000
- 3rd Place Social Category- $500
- February 28, 2018 Application Deadline
- March 14, 2018 Eight Finalists Announced
- April 20, 2018 BIG Idea Competition Finale – Three minutes to present to live audience of peers, faculty, entrepreneurs, distinguished guests, and public audience this year at eHub Collegetown, Third Floor (305 Multipurpose Room). The winners will be selected based upon a combination of rankings by judges and audience popular vote.